Tel Aviv, Israel, February 10, 2015
ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd., the leading off-patent crop
protection solutions company in the world, has released its latest
Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
The report details the company’s progress at making Adama a better and more socially responsible company, and includes descriptions of the company’s relationships with stakeholders, community, and the environment.
Highlights include Adama’s:
- Investment in its people, promoting from within into leadership roles, conducting an engagement survey and acting upon its results, improving performance management process, and launching internal communication and collaboration tools.
- Reduction in environmental impact by reducing emissions and switching to clean energy:
- $29 million investment in equipment and environmental facilities in 2013
- 30% increase in utilisation of natural gas
- 50% decrease in Sulphur Oxide emissions
- Great strides made in workplace safety
- New and creative ways to contribute to society such as the “adoption of a village” in India, in which Adama provides mentorship on subjects such as entrepreneurship, female empowerment and environmental conservation; and contribution to a “toy library” in Brazil, in which toys are used to encourage autonomy and environmental awareness.
- Investment in education projects in local communities, for example supporting chemistry and agriculture studies.
“Our recent corporate re-branding process was intricately tied with our CSR agenda," said Michal Arlosoroff, Senior VP, General Legal Counsel, Secretary and Corporate Social Responsibility Officer at Adama. “I am proud of Adama’s achievements – such as hiring more women and minorities, reducing emissions, improving workplace safety, and contributing in many ways to our communities. As a company, we are committed to measuring ourselves and improving our corporate social responsibility, which provides the framework for being a leading and sustainable organization.”
To read the full report, visit http://www.adama.com/en/responsibility/corporate-governance.html
For more information please contact:
Campaign & Brand Manager