ADAMA Canada's COVID-19 Operational Update
March 18, 2020
Well it looks like after 20+ years in the Ag industry I’m unlikely to see my first ‘normal’ spring in 2020. While there is much uncertainty in the current environment I hope we can agree that looking after our families and employees while doing everything we can to help Canada’s farmers are very good areas for us to focus our energy. To that end ADAMA Canada would like to share the following information:
- All ADAMA Canada employees have been equipped to work from home and been given the flexibility needed to manage caregiver responsibilities.
- All travel has been suspended.
- Our field team will support our customers by phone, text and zoom.
- We remain focused on executing our business plan.
- We continue to work closely with our distribution partners and global supply chain to meet retail and farmer needs for our portfolio.
- Since last August we have been steadily replenishing distribution with inventory and they in turn are replenishing retail in preparation for the market.
- The remainder of our planned supply remains on track as the majority of it is in the final packaging phase in Canada or the US. We do have some production coming form our plants in Colombia and Israel, but expect these to arrive as planned.
- Should the situation change we will be transparent. We are also actively exploring upside volumes on key products in case there is a market need.
With many industries bound to suffer this year anything we can do to help farmers produce a strong crop, while looking after our employees will be of great service to our country and the many other countries who count on our exports for their food security. I believe Canadian Ag is up for the challenge.
General Manager | Canada