Privacy and Cookies Policy
ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Adama) is sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and we want you to know how we treat the information we receive about you.
In general, you can visit Adama on the World Wide Web without revealing who you are or any information about yourself. Our web servers collect only the domain names (IP address), not the e-mail addresses of visitors.
This information is used first and foremost to allow our system to redirect you to your local Adama website, created in your local language for your local market. It is also aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc. Adama uses this information to measure the use of our site and to improve the content of our site.
There are times, however, when we may need information from you, such as your name and address. When information is needed, we will let you know at the time of collection how we will use this information. Usually the personal information we collect is used only by us to respond to your inquiry, process an order or allow you to access specific account information.
If you register with one of Adama's business units online, they may use this information to provide you with customized information about Adama's offering for your business needs. For certain sites, you may be requested to accept specific user agreements which may contain provisions regarding processing of personal information. Cookie technology may be used to provide you with tailored information.
A cookie is a small element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive so we can recognize you when you return. You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. You can also disable cookies if you wish, although this may prevent us from identifying you when you return to our sites.
At times we conduct online surveys to gain a better understanding of the needs and profile of our visitors. When we conduct a survey, we will let you know how we will use the information at the time we collect information from you on the Internet.
Adama's website may contain links to other sites. Although we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not in any way responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed by most websites onto your PC. They allow websites to perform a variety of functions such as remembering that you have logged in, ensuring you have a stable and secure connection, remembering your preferences and much more. Most web sites depend on cookies to ensure the best user experience, to understand how the site is being used in order to optimise the experience, and to deliver relevant content.
They enable us:
1. - To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
2. - To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
3. - To speed up your searches.
4. - To recognise you when you return to our site. You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
Turning cookies off in your browser
However, if you turn off cookies, there may be some features of our site that will not be available to you and some Web pages may not display properly. You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences at the following websites:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Block-enable-or-allow-cookies • Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677
- Android: http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=169022