Atramet Combi 500 SC
A residual herbicide for the control of annual grasses and broad leaf weeds on sugarcane
Atramet Combi 500 SC is a selective pre-and post-emergence herbicide for weed control in sugarcane. It controls annual grasses and broad-leaf weeds, and has scorching effect on existing weeds as well as residual effect.
Amaranthus spp. (Pigweed), Bidens pilosa (Black Jack), Portulaca oleracea (Purslane) - 5 L/Ha,170ml/20L.
Eleusine spp. (Wild finger millet, Goose grass), Digitaria spp. (Couch grass, Crab grass), Panicum spp. (Vlei Panicum), Setaria spp. (Bristly foxtail), Brachiaria spp. (Signal grass), Echinochloa spp. (Jungle rice, water grass, barnyard grass) - 6-10 L/Ha, 200-300ml/20L (higher rates may be required for soils with high organic matter).
Spray volume is 300-600L/Ha.
Preparation of Spray Mixture and Spraying Equipment
Fill the tank to half its capacity. In a separate container add a small amount of water to the required quantity of Atramet Combi 500 SC and mix well until a uniform mixture is obtained. With agitator running, pour this mixture through the filter into the tank, adding water up to the required amount. Do not stop the agitator. Do not allow spray mixture to stand. If the filled sprayer has stood idle for some time, it is necessary to agitate and ensure good mixing before starting to spray. Mix each spray batch freshly.
Atramet Combi 500 SC can be applied with suitably set up spraying equipment, continuous agitation is necessary. For broadcast or band application fan-type nozzles are preferable, with 50 mesh screens in nozzles and suction lines. All sprayers should be calibrated before use.
Directions for Use
- Weed control can be started either at planting or ratooning, or once the crop has become established.
- Apply as a basic treatment early post-emergence (2-4 leaf stage of weeds) on newly planted cane.
- Can be applied pre- or post-emergence to sugarcane as an overall treatment.
- Apply shortly before or after rain. To activate the herbicide, rain or irrigation is essential, therefore apply during the rainy season or prior to irrigation. When spraying, avoid stops, slow-downs and leaks to ensure uniform application.
- Do not apply more than twice as an inter-row treatment.
- Do not spray once the field has closed in.
Pre-harvest interval is 60 days.
Harmful to fish. Do not contaminate ponds, waterways, ditches with chemical or used container. A 3m band width should be observed.