Diurex 800 SC
A residual herbicide for the control of a wide range of annual broadleaf and grass weeds in sugarcane, pineapples, citrus, bananas, cotton and in non-crop areas.
Diurex 800 SC is a residual urea herbicide used for selective weed control against annual broadleaf weeds and annual grasses in cotton, citrus, sugarcane, pineapples, bananas and also for weed control in non-crop areas.
WHO CLASS II.
Directions for Use
Activation by rain or irrigation is necessary, therefore apply Diurex 800 SC during the rainy season or prior to irrigation, before weeds emergence.
Diurex 800 SC can be applied with suitably set-up spraying equipment. Continuous agitation is necessary. Fan-type nozzles are preferable for broadcast or band application. All sprayers should be calibrated before use. When spraying, avoid stops, slow-downs to ensure uniform application.
Preparation of Spray Mixture
Fill the tank to half its capacity. In a separate container, add a small amount of water to the required quantity of Diurex 800 SC and mix well until a thin paste is obtained.
With agitator running, pour this paste through the filter into the tank, adding water up to the required amount. If the filled sprayer has stood idle for some time, it is necessary to agitate and ensure good mixing before starting to spray.
Spray volume: Should be 300-600 litres/ha.
- Care should be taken to avoid drift of spray, since Diurex 800 SC may injure adjacent crops.
- Do not use on light sandy soil.
- Do not replant the treated area with any crop within 1 year of application, except maize, cotton, sugarcane and pineapples.
- Clean sprayer and all its parts thoroughly with several changes of water after each use.
- Do not apply or drain or flush equipment on or near desirable trees or other plants on areas where their roots may extend, or on areas where the chemical may be washed or moved into contact with their roots.
Application Rates and Timing
Sugarcane: Apply Diurex 80 SC at a rate of 3-5 L/Ha during the first application at pre-emergence of cane and weeds.
Apply 2-4 L/Ha during the second or third application if required.
Do not exceed a total rate of 8 L/Ha during one growing season.
Pineapples: Apply Diurex 800 SC immediately after planting or harvesting as a blanket spray prior to weed emergence, at a rate of 3.5-4.0 L/Ha.
Bananas: Diurex 800 SC should be applied to bananas when they are more than 12 months old, at a rate of 2 L/Ha, as a directed spray, before weed emergence. Avoid contact (spray) with crop plant as injury may result.
Citrus: Apply Diurex 800 SC at a rate of 3 L/Ha at the beginning of the rainy season in established orchards. Avoid contact of crop foliage or fruit with spray or drift.
Pre-emergence - Apply at the rate of 1.25-2.25 L/Ha at or after planting but prior to emergence of the crop and weeds.
Post-emergence - When cotton is at least 30 cm high, apply 2.0-2.5 L/Ha as a directed spray to the area beneath cotton plants. Avoid spray contact or drift onto cotton plants as injury may result.
Band-Spraying - At sowing, apply 1 -1.5 L/Ha at a band width of 30 cm.
Non-Crop Land: In non-crop land such as industrial sites, railway lines etc, apply Diurex 800 SC at a rate of 10-20 L/Ha for the control of annual broad-leaved weeds and grasses, and at a rate of 20-30 L/Ha for the control of perennial grasses and broadleaved weeds.
- Diurex 800 SC may be harmful if swallowed or inhaled.
- May irritate eyes and skin.
- Do not breathe spray mist or dust.
- Do not eat, drink or smoke when using the product.
- Wash hands and exposed skin before eating, drinking or smoking, before meals and after work.
- Wear protective clothing - safety goggles, dust mask, impervious gloves, apron, and face shield.
- Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
- Harmful to fish. Do not contaminate waterways, ponds or ditches with chemical or used container