The Company supplies efficient solutions to farmers across the full farming value-chain, including crop-protection, novel agricultural technologies, and complementary non-crop businesses.
In 2013, the Company ranked seventh in the world in the overall agro-chemicals industry. The Company is characterized by its farmer-centric approach to product development, and strict standards of environmental protection and quality control.
- A heritage of nearly 70 years
- Agan Chemical Manufacturers founded in 1945
- Makhteshim Chemical Works founded in 1952
- Headquartered in Airport City, Israel, just outside of Tel Aviv. Regional headquarters in Europe, North America and Asia.
- Privately held – 60% by ChemChina, 40% by Koor Industries
- 2013 Global revenue - US$3.07 billion
- Americas – 41.4%
- Europe – 37.1%
- APAC – 18.0%
- Israel – 3.5%
- Over 4500 employees with offices in over 45 markets around the world, serving farmers in more than 120 countries on six continents
- Seven global product development centers and 19 production sites (synthesis and formulation)
- Product categories include: Fungicides, Herbicides, Insecticides, Growth Regulators, Seed Dressing, Non-crop Products