10/02/2015 Adama Releases New Corporate Social Responsibility Report
Tel Aviv, Israel, February 10, 2015
ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd., the leading off-patent crop protection solutions company in the world, today released its latest Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
The report details the company’s progress at making Adama a better and more socially responsible company, and includes descriptions of the company’s relationships with stakeholders, community, and the environment.
Highlights include Adama’s:
- Investment in its people, promoting from within into leadership roles, conducting an engagement survey and acting upon its results, improving performance management process, and launching internal communication and collaboration tools.
- Reduction in environmental impact by reducing emissions and switching to clean energy:
- $29 million investment in equipment and environmental facilities in 2013
- 30% increase in utilization of natural gas
- 50% decrease in Sulphur Oxide emissions
- Great strides made in workplace safety
- New and creative ways to contribute to society such as the “adoption of a village” in India, in which Adama provides mentorship on subjects such as entrepreneurship, female empowerment and environmental conservation; and contribution to a “toy library” in Brazil, in which toys are used to encourage autonomy and environmental awareness.
- Investment in education projects in local communities, for example supporting chemistry and agriculture studies.
“Our recent corporate re-branding process was intricately tied with our CSR agenda said Michal Arlosoroff, Senior VP, General Legal Counsel, Secretary and Corporate Social Responsibility Officer at Adama. “I am proud of Adama’s achievements – such as hiring more women and minorities, reducing emissions, improving workplace safety, and contributing in many ways to our communities. As a company, we are committed to measuring ourselves and improving our corporate social responsibility, which provides the framework for being a leading and sustainable organization.”
To read the full report, visithttp://www.adama.com/en/social-responsibility/corporate-governance.html
ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd. is the leading off-patent crop protection solutions company in the world. The Company’s comprehensive range of high-quality, differentiated and effective herbicides, insecticides and fungicides, help farmers worldwide to increase yields by preventing or controlling weeds, insects and disease that harm their crops. With one of the world’s most extensive and diversified off-patent product portfolios, Adama sells its products in more than 120 countries. Adama’s purpose is “Creating Simplicity in Agriculture” – striving to provide farmers accessible, easy-to-use solutions that simplify their lives and improve their crop yields. For more information, visit us atwww.adama.com.
Global PR Manager, Investor and Public Relations
+972 73 232 1131