Use Skope for green vegetable bug control, as well as other chewing and sucking pests in cotton and pulse crops. An insecticide with no need for tank mixing.
Skope: The Versatile Insecticide For Controlling Green Vegetable Bugs, Green Mirids and Silverleaf Whitefly
Skope is a unique insecticide combining two powerful active ingredients to provide effective and versatile control. Use Skope for Green Vegetable bug control, as well as control of other chewing and sucking pests such as Green Mirids and Silver Whitefly in cotton and pulse crops.
Skope Insecticide At A Glance
✔ Broad Spectrum Activity
A unique solution for the control of chewing and sucking pests in cotton and pulse crops without the need for tank mixing.
✔ Reduce Losses
Chewing and sucking pest complexes reduce yield and impact quality. Your cotton or pulse crop can be protected from significant economic losses with Skope.
✔ Excellent Control Of Helicoverpa Spp.
Highly effective knockdown and residual control of cotton bollworm and native budworm.
✔ Late Season Clean Up Of Silverleaf Whitefly To Prevent Sticky Cotton
The short 7-day interval between application and picking cotton makes Skope the ideal option for cleaning up late season Silverleaf Whitefly populations prior to harvest. Reducing the risk of developing sticky cotton and downgrading crop quality.
Application Information and Resources
Application timing for Skope in cotton
The flexibility of the application window for Skope allows application from early to late in crop development depending upon the need to control target pest insects. Skope is the ideal choice where mixed pest species are present and where a moderate IPM fit is acceptable
Application rates for Skope
- Silverleaf Whitefly, Green Mirid, Jassids – 175 or 350 mL/ha
- Green Vegetable Bug, Cotton Bollworm, Native Budworm, Two-spotted mite – 350 or 350 mL/ha
- Cotton Aphid – 50 or 100 mL/ha
Summer and Winter Pulses (except field peas and lupins)
- Silverleaf Whitefly and Jassids – 320 mL/ha
- Green Mirid and Rutherglen Bug, Green Vegetable Bug and Red Banded Shield Bug – 160 to 320 mL/ha
- Cotton Bollworm and Native Budworm – 80 to 320 mL/ha
- Soybean looper, Cluster Caterpillar and Bean Pod Borer – 160 to 320 mL
The product label provides additional information on the specific target pests that can be treated with Skope insecticide
Adjuvant advice for Skope
Always apply Skope with an adjuvant. Where there is a mixed pest complex with different adjuvant recommendations, select the adjuvant according to the dominant target pest.
- Green Mirids, Red Banded Shield Bug and Rutherglen Bug - Organosilicone adjuvant (i.e. Pulse*) at 0.2% v/v OR non-ionic surfactant at label rates (Under high Rutherglen bug pressure, use Canopy* at 1 L/ha)
- Green Vegetable Bug and Jassids - Organosilicone adjuvant (i.e. Pulse† ) at 0.2% v/v
- Silverleaf Whitefly - Hasten* or Canopy* at 1 L/ha
- Cluster caterpillar (suppression), Cotton bollworm, Native budworm and Soybean looper - Canopy* at 2 L/ha OR non-ionic surfactant at the label rate (Helicoverpa spp. and soybean loopers only)
- Bean Pod Borer – Non-ionic surfactant at the label rate
Water volume for Skope
Skope can be applied by ground or aerial application, ensuring thorough coverage of foliage.
- Ground application: apply in a spray volume of 80 L/ha
- Aerial application: apply in a minimum spray volume of 20 L/ha
What crops are protected by Skope?
- Adzuki Beans
- Faba Beans
- Mung Beans
- Navy beans
- Pigeon Peas
What pests does Skope target?
Skope is used for the effective control of sucking and chewing pests such as:
- Bean Pod Borer
- Cotton Aphid
- Green Mirids
- Green Vegetable Bug
- Cotton Bollworm (Helicoverpa armigera)
- Native Budworm (Helicoverpa Punctigera)
- Red Banded Shield Bug
- Rutherglen Bug
- Silverleaf Whitefly
- Soybean Looper
- Two spotted mites
How to incorporate Skope into your Integrated Pest Management Program?
The CRDC Cotton Pest Management Guide 2021-2022 classifies Skope as an insecticide with a moderate impact on beneficial insects. Skope should be applied as per the label recommendations and in an IPM program to minimise impact on beneficial insect species.
What is the Rainfastness of Skope Insecticide?
SKOPE® is rainfast once spray deposit is dry on the leaf surface, which is typically 2-3 hours of drying time.
What are the withholding periods for Skope?
- Cotton: Do not harvest for 7 days after application
- Do not graze or cut for stock food and do not feed trash from treated areas to animals, including poultry
- Mung beans: Do not harvest for 4 weeks after application
- Pulses (excluding mung beans): Do not harvest, graze or cut for stock food for 6 weeks after application