Distributing Masks, Sanitizer and Food to Vulnerable Families in a dozen Countries
In many of our regions, our People collected food and protective necessities to bring relief to neighboring communities affected by the pandemic.
Our Londrina plant in Brazil –
one of the hardest-hit countries by the pandemic – distributed
cotton masks to families assisted at our Instituto ADAMA, as
well as to other vulnerable families that live close to the
A recipient said: “I would like to thank the initiative of Institute ADAMA that donated masks for my family and besides of this pandemic continues to work and develop activities for the children. My thanks for the wonderful work that you make and I hope God will return to everyone for the attention and affection given by both the children and the entire population. Thank you very much from my heart.”
- In South Africa, thousands of masks were made and given to farmers to keep them protected, and food parcels were distributed to those hit by financial hardship.
- In Italy, Kollant, we repurposed one of its production lines to produce sanitizer and donated a large quantity to the elderly.
- Our people from Lycored Ukraine (an ADAMA subsidiary), volunteered to sew thousands of masks that were distributed alongside hand sanitizers to the local community near the plant. A donation to a local school enabled meals to be given to children from families in need.
- In Curacao, which lost its main industry of tourism, ADAMA supported the food bank to provide meals for hard-pressed families, and fruit for school children.
- In Ecuador, under the slogan ‘We want you healthy,’ ADAMA Ecuador donated contactless sanitizer dispensers to retailers across the country so that staff and customers could regularly clean their hands. Masks were also distributed to the retail outlets. One potato farmer said after a visit to his retailer: “A smart and practical way to sanitize our hands and make us feel safer, thanks ADAMA.”
- Additional countries that contributed to these efforts include: Argentina, Colombia, India, Korea, Spain, and Switzerland.