Pellet application… timing is critical
To read more about correct conditions, click her - Slug watch... Getting ready for action
It is not advisable to apply slug pellets immediately prior to heavy rainfall as this can lead to the rapid degradation of slug pellets, especially if they are of a poorer quality.
To reduce the impact any subsequent wet weather has on the longevity and efficacy of slug pellets, a pellet which remains palatable and mould-free should be used: Gusto IRON is manufactured using a two-stage drying process which ensures the ideal balance between persistence in wet weather and palatability over a long duration.
Compared to other slug pellets Gusto IRON remains mould free for longer, with each pellet also maintaining its shape and durability even in persistently adverse conditions.
Gusto® IRON: the obvious choice for cost-effective slug control
Gusto® IRON is a ready-to-use, pelleted bait containing 2.94% w/w anhydrous ferric phosphate. It is approved for use in a range of agricultural and horticultural crops and offers the following key benefits:
- A durable, persistent and palatable slug pellet for the control of all UK slug species
- Rainproof and with superior mould resistance
- Excellent colour retention for easy detection
- Uniform pellet size and density for accurate spreading to wide working widths
- Optimum baiting points of 40-50 pellets per m2 when applied at a field rate of 5kg/ha